Do you have a writing project that needs help? I can write for you or develop and polish what you’ve already started.
- Do you have a motion, memo, or brief that just needs to get done?
- Do you need some content for your firm’s website?
- Does the blog section of your website need help? Does it have only three posts from two years ago?
- Do you want to get an article published in a paper, magazine, or online?
- Do you want to create a guide or workbook to help your clients?
- Do you like writing but lack the time or follow-through to get it done?
- Do you hate writing and put it off to the last minute?
Some of us love writing; some hate it. We all struggle to get it done and done well. I can help.
Pay What You Want
I’m not the best legal writer or editor (though someday I hope to be). I don’t have much experience, so right now I just want to get more.
If you’re a lawyer and you have a writing project you need done, and done well, I want to help. Pay me whatever you want.
What to Expect
You can expect me to do whatever you need to get your writing done and done well. That might mean helping you think about and develop your work, pushing you to be productive and set aside time to write, or editing and polishing what you’ve already written.
When I edit copy, I back up every edit with a citation to authority. My writing and editing follow:
- The Redbook, for general style
- Typography for Lawyers and the Seventh Circuit’s suggestions for typography (pdf), for typography and document design
- The Bluebook (modified for your jurisdiction, if desired)
- Garner’s Modern English Usage and The Chicago Guide to Grammar, Usage, and Punctuation
- Garner’s Dictionary of Legal Usage and Black’s Law Dictionary
- Making Your Case, for persuasive writing
If you’re interested in getting a writing project done and done well, email me at email@example.com.