I’m interested in helping other lawyers create good things. That includes motions, memos, and any other writing lawyers produce for clients. It also includes blog posts, articles, and even books. If you want to write something but don’t know how to start or how to take it from okay to great, I want to help.
How I Work
I work through my own set of editing checklists for each project, and I back up every edit with a citation to authority.
My editing follows:
- The Redbook, for general style
- Typography for Lawyers and the Seventh Circuit’s suggestions for typography (pdf), for typography and document design
- The Bluebook (modified for your jurisdiction, if desired)
- Garner’s Modern English Usage and The Chicago Guide to Grammar, Usage, and Punctuation
- Garner’s Dictionary of Legal Usage and Black’s Law Dictionary
- Making Your Case, for persuasive writing